Saturday 14 July 2012

Review: Until I Die

Book Two of the Revenants Series (therefore contains spoilers for previous book)


Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.



I had loved Die for Me when I had read it. A story full of heartbreaking romance and hot, flirtatious men that didn't have fangs, it made my list of favourite books of that year. When I started this book, I expected something just as beautiful and just as sweet, what I got was something... different.


I read the first book a long, long time ago so it took me sometime to remember all the characters. Jules immediately took my attention, just like the first book, and I fell in love with him again in this book. His easy-going, funny and flirty character makes you smile and laugh as you read the book. Kate and Vincent both dropped on my 'how awesome you are' meter, Kate being led around like a clueless sheep and made so many decisions that you could see a mile away is the wrong choice to make.

Plum tried a hand at mystery and it was somewhat awkward to read since she kinda gave out all the clues at the beginning and then took over two thirds of the book to lead you to an end that you saw coming from page 10. But she was still very good at making Paris a beautiful place to set her story and her side characters of Jules, Ambrose, Georgie and Kate's grandparents are still as wonderful as before.

Plum's style of writing was easy to read, not too awkward but not exactly award winning either. There is still one and a half mysteries that need to be solved in the next book and I hope that what I think is wrong, because if what I guessed is right, I feel really bad for the people living in Kate's world. And as for the cliffhanger ending, I don't think there's much to say apart from the fact that it happens in almost every book now. 

Overall, Plum once again has a beautiful cover and Jules is still as amazing as before, she could use some work on the mystery writing but her skill at writing lovable side characters is pretty cool. I can't wait to see more of Jules in the next book and see exactly how this series will end.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment